What can I do to help my pest control program be most effective?
- Avoid leaving food out in the open for extended periods. Clean up any spills.
- Store food in storage containers. Keep kitchen area clean to avoid food sources for potential pests.
- Avoid eating food in bedrooms and other rooms. Crumbs attract bugs.
- Repair leaks under all sinks and drains to remove water sources for pests.
- Repair any holes or cracks in windows, window screens, and drywall.
- Properly seal windows and doors. Weather stripping should be air tight.
- Do not leave pet food sitting out. Clean underneath food bowls.
- Avoid debris or wood piles near the house as these are harborage areas for many insects.
- Prune foliage near the house. Shrubs that touch your home act as a highway for bugs to enter the home.
- Avoid standing water such as bird baths or containers that hold water outside the home. These act as water sources and breeding grounds for insects, especially mosquitoes.
- It is recommended to have your mulch areas replaced annually. These are most common harborage areas for roaches, silverfish, scorpions and a host of other insects.